Uris Library was Cornell’s first, and for many years its only, library. It opened its doors in October, 1891. A series of podcasts and videos (also available as text) brings Uris’s history to life and provides many details about the library and the attached McGraw Tower.
Olin Library opened its doors as the graduate research library in 1961. Olin remains the largest active collection of research materials on campus. A lively exhibition on the history of Olin celebrates Olin’s fiftieth anniversary.