Olin and Uris Libraries Laptop Loan Program
- Laptops may be borrowed from the Olin and Uris circulation desks by anyone with a valid Cornell ID.
- The Laptop loan period is three hours, or until one half hour before closing time.
- Laptops may be used outside of Olin, Kroch, and Uris Libraries.
- Laptops should be returned to the library they were checked out from.
- Calculators (basic, scientific, graphing)
- Ethernet cables
- Extension Cords
- Laptop bag
- Mac Power Cords (MagSafe, MagSafe 2)
- Portable DVD drives
- SD 16GB memory card
- USB Drives
- Display Port (Mac) to VGA Cables
- Display Prt (Mac) to HDMI Cables
- HDMI to VGA Cables
- HDMI to HDMI Cables
- $.04 per minute/per item
- $150.00 maximum late fee per item
- No grace period
Damage/Replacement Cost: $2,200
Laptops may be renewed in person at the Olin or Uris circulation desks. No phone or e-mail renewals will be accepted.
- DO NOT LEAVE LAPTOPS UNATTENDED FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME.
- Patrons are responsible for any equipment lost, damaged or stolen.
- Upon return, computers will be checked to ensure all equipment is intact.
- Patrons must return all peripherals borrowed with the laptop.
IMPORTANT NOTE! Saving your work:
There is no temporary storage on the laptops. Once the laptop is shutdown, loses power or freezes for any reason there is no way to retrieve lost work.
Practice safe computing by:
- Saving to your own personal USB flash drive
- Checking out a library owned USB flash drive
- E-mailing your work to yourself as an attachment
- Saving your work to cloud storage such as Cornell Box
- and saving your work often!
- Windows 7 Enterprise, Service Pack 1
- Office 2013 Pro Plus
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Windows Media Player
- Premier Literacy Suite
- Plugins and helper apps
Adobe Acrobat Reader with Extended Asian Language Support
Adobe Flash Player
Adobe Shockwave Player
Rampant Logic Postscript Viewer
- Roxio Easy CD Creator
- Kerberos viewer
All CUL net-printers
Select Uris Library CIT lab net-printers
All MTH Lab net-printers