A. Materials that CANNOT be kept inside an Olin Library locker:
- Any food items (even in sealed containers)
- Uncharged library books
- Dangerous and/or illegal items
B. Maintaining the Locker
- The library issued lock must remain on the locker AT ALL TIMES - instructions for using the lock are included in the new assignment packet
- If the locker combination is lost or forgotten, locker holders may contact the Library Public Services office, Room 116 Olin in person or via email to retrieve the combination. Locker holders will be asked to confirm their identity before receiving the combination.
- Valuables stored inside the locker should be kept from plain view.
- If your locker or lock becomes unusable or breaks for any reason, please report this as soon as possible to the Library Public Services office, Room 116 Olin, or the Olin Circulation Desk
C. Olin Library Staff Access
- Occasionally, Olin Library Staff will be required to access the locker (ex. for transfers or clears). Locker holders will be notified in advance and staff will uphold the privacy and security of the locker holder.
D. Clearing a Locker
- LOCKS SHOULD REMAIN ON THE LOCKER AT ALL TIMES - even when clearing. DO NOT RETURN LOCKS to 116 Olin Library. Renewal forms have an option to clear the locker. This may be submitted through the web form, and the locker will be cleared.
- Lockers that are not renewed will be cleared. Personal items found in the locker are taken to 116 Olin Library’s Lost and Found
- If a locker holder becomes unregistered, then the locker will be cleared. Personal items found in the locker are taken to 116 Olin Library’s Lost and Found.
RETURN to main Carrels and Lockers page