Please note that we only display selected links. We evaluate the sites regularly and will add new sites or remove existing ones based on our best judgment.
Ithaca, Tompkins County & New York State
CUGIR — CUGIR is an active online repository in the National Spatial Data Clearinghouse program. CUGIR provides geospatial data and metadata for New York State, with special emphasis on those natural features relevant to agriculture, ecology, natural resources, and human-environment interactions.
- Bytes of the Big Apple — software, data and geographic base map files for the City of New York. The Department of City Planning offers these products for free download or by a license agreement.
- Maps and Geographic Information – Maps and interactive mapping applications currently available online from NYSDEC.
New York State Gazetteer and Geodata Collection – a searchable database of places, providing names, feature types, grid coordinates and other geographic information. There are over 38,000 NYS geographic features available, all searchable by name, county, or USGS map quadrangle. The digital collection includes downloadable USGS topographic maps, such as georeferenced Digital Raster Graphics (DRG’s). These maps are suitable for both general use and GIS applications. Leads to location information, digital maps and more.
New York State GIS Clearing House – GIS data sets; links to GIS education and training opportunities; other state and Federal GIS resources, including downloadable data from the U.S. Census Bureau and the USGS; GIS user groups throughout New York; and GIS-related listservs.
New York State Legislative Task Force on Demographic Research and Reapportionment – Census data and New York district maps.
New York State Museum – GIS datasets in Arc format; maps.
Tompkins County GIS Portal – gateway to GIS mapping resources and geo-spatial data in Tompkins County. Provides access to free data (requires GIS software); free downloadable maps in Adobe PDF format; free interactive maps (like Google maps but with specific local data).
Miscellaneous New York Maps
- Cayuga County NYGenWeb Project Maps – historic maps of Cayuga County; provides also early maps and images of Central New York.
- Historical aerial photographs of New York – a series of historical aerial photographs of the state of New York produced by Cornell University.
- Historic USGS maps of New England and New York – the collection of over 1500 USGS topographic maps includes complete geographical coverage of New England and New York from the 1890s to 1950s.
- OASIS – the Open Accessible Space Information System provides free community maps and aerial imagery for New York City.
- New York City subway maps
- New York maps from the University of Texas collection
- New York State Map Pathfinder – a collection of links to digital images of maps of New York State assembled by the Stony Brook University Library Map Collection. It includes both individual maps and links to sites having multiple images.