There are multiple printing options available in Olin and Uris Libraries. Both libraries are equipped with several networked Net-Print printers, including color printers, and a networked VendaCard Printing Station.
Olin Library also houses a full-service copy and print center as well as large-format printing and plotting services. For more details, see the Specialized Printing page.
Cost: 9 cents per black & white page, 25 cents per page for color.
To use Net-Print, you must first create an account using your Cornell NetID.
- Follow the instructions at How to Obtain a Net-Print Account.
- Once you have made a Net-Print account, print your document from the File menu (for PDFs, choose the printer icon in the Adobe Acrobat frame).
- In the Print window, use the pull-down menu to choose the printing queue you want to use:
- For black & white printing: campus-bw.
- For color printing: campus-color.
- Touch your Cornell ID to the release station sensor attached to the printer from which you would like to print. Note:
- All jobs currently queued will print from this printer. If you would like to print just one job, you may do so manually by loggin in to your account at net-print.cornell.edu.
- If your job does not print, you can log in to your account at net-print.cornell.edu to manually release the print job or to see what went wrong.
- If your job prints with poor toner quality, is missing pages, or contains blank pages, you can request a refund using the Net-Print Refund form.
Net-Print Printer Locations in Olin Library:
- Net-Print printers 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5c (color) and the VendaCard Printer are located in the Printing Support Center on the first floor.
- Olin Library Media Net-Print 6 is in the Media Center on the Lower Level of Olin Library.
Net-Print Printer Locations in Uris Library:
- Uris Library Main Floor Net-Print 1 is in the Dean Room, directly across from the circulation desk.
- Uris Library Main Floor Net-Print 2c (color) is the color printer located next to Net-Print 1.
- Uris Library Main Floor Net-Print 3 is in the North Alcove of the Dean Room.
- Uris Comp Lab Net-Print 1, 2, 4c (color) and Uris Net-Print Resumé, are located in the CIT (Tower) Lab.
- Uris Comp Lab Net-Print 3 is in the Uris Library Classroom.
- Uris CLCL is located in the CL3 Lab.
Using Net-Print on your personal laptop:
To print to a Net-Print printer from your laptop, follow the instructions for Mac or Windows to download and install the Net-Print software on your computer. Printing from your laptop requires use of the Net-Print system. Copy card printing cannot be done from your laptop.
Copy Card Printers
Cost: 10 cents per page, black & white only.
For users who are unable to set up a Net-Print account, a networked copy card-operated laser printer is also available in each library. To use the Copy Card-operated printer, follow these steps:
- Purchase a copy card.
- Find a copy card dispenser, attached to a photocopier in Olin or Uris Library.
- Insert $1.00 and push the blinking green button to dispense a card. Note that the card itself costs $1.00 and at this point it will have a $0 balance.
- Add funds to your copy card by inserting it into the top slot and depositing additional money. Your card's current balance will be displayed on the LCD screen.
- Once you have purchased a copy card, print your document from the File menu (for PDFs, choose the printer icon in the Adobe Acrobat frame).
- In the Print window, use the pull-down menu to choose BWLetter (for single-sided printing) or BWLetterDuplex (for double-sided printing), then click 'Print'.
- In the next window, type in a name for your job then press 'Send to Server'. The name you type here will be the name that identifies your job on the Copy Card Printer's Terminal.
- Go to the Copy Card Printing workstation. In Olin, the Copy Card Printing workstation is located in the Printing Support Center on the first floor. In Uris it is located in the North Alcove of the Dean Room.
- Press the 'Print Release Station' button on the task selection screen to bring up a list of submitted print jobs. (If the submitted print job list is already displayed, skip this step.)
- At the Copy Card Station, select the print job that matches the name you entered in step #3, then click the 'Print' button on the lower right corner of the screen.
- Insert your Copy Card into the card reader next to the printer. Press the 'OK' button to begin printing your document.