Skip to main content
Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Olin and Kroch Library Faculty Research Spaces

All members of the University Faculty who are heavily using Olin or Kroch library materials are eligible to apply for a faculty research space. Other members of the University’s instruction and research faculty, including visiting scholars and researchers, may also apply for a faculty research space.  Research spaces are located on floors 3 through 7 of Olin Library, and on level B of Kroch Library.

Please note: Events held in Kroch Library or the Division of Rare and Manuscripts may, at times, cause some disruptive noise. Whenever possible, we will notify faculty research space holders via email in advance of when this is expected to occur.

  • Research spaces will be assigned only for specific research projects that require heavy use of Olin or Kroch library materials that cannot, or can only with difficulty, be used away from the Library. 
  • Research spaces are assigned on the basis of availability. Short-term assignments may be available. A waiting list is maintained for faculty research spaces.
  • Due to high demand, faculty research spaces are shared; we cannot grant requests for individual faculty research space occupancy.
  • The existence of faculty research spaces does not relieve individual academic departments of their responsibility for providing faculty members with adequate office facilities. Library research spaces may not be used as adjunct office or conference space.

  • Policy
  • Procedure
  • Application form
  • Renewal form


Please contact Library Public Services at (607) 255-5069 or with any questions.

02/15/2016 - 11:57am - jl41