Uris Library Study Space - View Map of Uris Library
A variety of study spaces are available in Uris Library including:
24-hour study spaces (Sunday-Thursday during the Fall and Spring semesters, also open Friday and Saturday during building hours)
- Cocktail Lounge, located in the underground addition (from the Gallery Level, go through the Austen Room and down the spiral staircase), provides study space and reservable group study rooms.
- Austen Room, located on the Gallery Level, one flight down from the entrance to Uris Library, offers several desktop computers, dry erase boards and two LCD screens and functions as a collaborative study space.
- Computer Lab, located on the Gallery Level, provides computer use.
- Computer Classroom, located on the Gallery Level, provides computer use whenever a class is not in session.
- CL3 Lab, located on the Gallery Level, provides computer use whenever a class is not in session.
- Kirby Room, located off the Gallery Level, provides quiet study space.
- Fiske Room (aka the Fishbowl), enter via stairs in the center of the Gallery Level, provides study space with some computer access.
Study areas that are open during circulation desk hours (closed from 2am-8am Sunday-Thursday during the Fall and Spring semesters)
- Dean Room, on the Main Floor of Uris Library, provides Circulation Services, quiet study space along with computer use, and both the Uris general interest DVD and Asia DVD collections (formerly housed at Olin Library).
- A.D. White Library, located up the staircase from the Uris Library entrance, provides quiet study space.
- Willis reading room, located off the Dean Room on the Main Floor, provides quiet study space along with housing the Uris Reference Collection and Cornelliana Collection.
- Uris Stacks Tower, located off the Dean Room or Gallery Level, all floors of the Uris book stacks provide desks for studying. Desks without lockers above them are unassigned and may be used for quiet study.
- Tower Lounge, located on the 3rd floor of the stacks tower, provides collaborative study space and vending machines.
- Kinkeldey Room, located on the 3rd floor (enter through the 3rd floor book stacks or through the A.D. White Library), provides quiet study space.
In Uris Library, students who are working on a Senior Honors Thesis are eligible for a carrel. In Uris, items are charged to the user's personal ID and stored in lockers above the carrels. All normal circulation policies apply.
Group study rooms
Three reservable study rooms, accommodating groups of 2-6, are available in the Cocktail Lounge.