Only currently registered Cornell University graduate and undergraduate students are eligible. Existing carrel holders who become unregistered must give up their carrel.
There is a one-time, non-refundable, non-transferable fee of $20.00.
Complete and submit an application form at any time.
Applications are considered in the order they have been received. Carrel assignments are made subject to availability.
Students will receive an email notification when the carrel assignment is ready.
New Assignments must be picked up in 116 Olin Library during regular business hours (Mon-Thurs, 8:30am-4:30pm and Fri, 8:30am-3:30pm). Students have one week to pick up their assignment.
- We cannot guarantee the safety of personal items left in carrels.
- Please be advised that there is no policy barring other patrons from sitting at your open or classics carrel when you are not there. For the protection of your materials, when not using your carrel, please keep the desktop and windowsill area in order and free of loose papers.
- NOT ALLOWED: smoking, cell phone use, group study, leaving valuables in plain view.
- Uncharged Library Materials, Periodicals and Reference material.
- ALLOWED: drinks with approved lids, books from any library, personal books and other items. However, all materials should be stored in lockers above the carrel.
- Renewal reminders are delivered to carrel holders by email prior to the start of each semester.
- Carrels must be renewed IN PERSON every Fall and Spring Semester to allow uninterrupted use of the carrel. Students must visit 116 Olin Library (Mon-Thurs, 8:30am-4:30pm and Fri, 8:30am-3:30pm) and sign new carrel agreement forms to renew.
- There is no fee to renew.
- Carrels that are not renewed will be cleared. All library books are sent back to the stacks and any personal items found at the carrel are taken to 116 Olin Library’s Lost and Found.
- Use the Clear My Carrel form to request that your carrel is cleared after a specific time.
- Keys for Uris Library Locked Carrels must be returned to 116 Olin Library upon clearing personal items from the carrel.
- Students who are no longer registered must clear their Carrel.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.