Visitor Wi-Fi at Olin & Uris Libraries
Wireless access is available throughout Olin and Uris libraries via Cornell-Visitor Wi-Fi, RedRover, or eduroam. If you have already registered your wireless device, then no additional steps are necessary to connect to the wireless network.
If you are a visitor to Cornell and do not have a NetID, please visit the Cornell IT Wi-Fi for Visitors page to register your wireless device.
If you have trouble with wireless access in the library, please speak with the Reference staff for immediate assistance.
Visitor Printing at Olin & Uris Libraries
Using a credit or debit card:
Cost: varies depending on paper size, color or black and white, and staple options.
There is a large MFP (Multifunction Printer) near the standard printers in Olin that accepts payment by credit or debit cards for printing and photcopying. Printing is available by plugging in a USB drive containing your document or by emailing the document to a central service and following the procedure outlined on the posted signage. USB drives are available for borrowing from the Olin Circulation desk.
Cost: 10 cents per page, black & white only.
For users who are unable to set up a Net-Print account, a networked copy card-operated laser printer is available in each library. To use the Copy Card-operated printer, follow these steps:
- Purchase a copy card.
- Find a copy card dispenser, attached to a photocopier in Olin or Uris Library.
- Insert $1.00 and push the blinking green button to dispense a card. Note that the card itself costs $1.00 and at this point it will have a $0 balance.
- Add funds to your copy card by inserting it into the top slot and depositing additional money. Your card's current balance will be displayed on the LCD screen.
- Once you have purchased a copy card, print your document from the File menu (for PDFs, choose the printer icon in the Adobe Acrobat frame).
- In the Print window, use the pull-down menu to choose BWLetter (for single-sided printing) or BWLetterDuplex (for double-sided printing), then click 'Print'.
- In the next window, type in a name for your job then press 'Send to Server'. The name you type here will be the name that identifies your job on the Copy Card Printer's Terminal.
- Go to the Copy Card Printing workstation. In Olin, the Copy Card Printing workstation is located in the Printing Support Center on the first floor. In Uris it is located in the North Alcove of the Dean Room.
- Press the 'Print Release Station' button on the task selection screen to bring up a list of submitted print jobs. (If the submitted print job list is already displayed, skip this step.)
- At the Copy Card Station, select the print job that matches the name you entered in step #3, then click the 'Print' button on the lower right corner of the screen.
- Insert your Copy Card into the card reader next to the printer. Press the 'OK' button to begin printing your document.
Scanning & Photocopying at Olin & Uris Libraries
Scanners and photocopiers are also available for use by the general public at Olin and Uris libraries. For more information, see the Scanners & Photocopiers page.