The Olin and Uris circulation desks are central points of contact on campus for checking out and returning library materials, learning about library resources and services, borrowing laptops, equipment, DVDs and other media, picking up items requested through Borrow Direct and Interlibrary Loan, accessing course reserve materials, and obtaining help on a wide variety of library-related and campus-related questions.
Access Services staff also deliver requested materials to faculty, are available to help with accessibility and special needs accommodations, and will help answer questions related to library policies, guest borrowing privileges and off-site access to electronic resources.
- Circulation Policies
- Borrow Direct & Interlibrary Loan for Cornell students, faculty, and staff – borrow books or request articles from other institutions
- Faculty Office Delivery – request that an item is shipped to your office (service for Cornell faculty)
- Interlibrary Lending – for requests by outside researchers and institutions
- Library-to-Library Delivery – request that an item is shipped from one campus library to another
- Library Public Services Office – for help with circulation policies, carrels and lockers, faculty research spaces, accessibility services, fines, adding a proxy borrower to your account (service for faculty or staff), visitor access to materials, and general information.
- Pay or Appeal a Fine
- Recommend a Purchase